—Free Internet during COVID-19 “Shelter In Place.” Click here for information.—
Congratulations Berkeley Adult School Class of 2020
BAS is proud to show off our high school graduates in this virtual graduation video.
Hear from our principal Tom Reid and a surprise speaker, watch our graduates walk the virtual stage, and say “hello” to our proud and cheering faculty.
At the end of a school year full of tremendous challenges, this BAS Class of 2020 personifies the best of what we can achieve with resilience, grit, and determination. Our deepest respect goes out to each one of our graduates. We wish you much success as you pursue the next chapter of your life’s journey.
~The BAS staff
Finish your High School Diploma or GED
Earn your high school diploma or prepare to pass a high school equivalency test. A high school diploma or equivalent can help you get a better job and help you succeed in job training and college. Getting a high school diploma or equivalent can show your children how important education is. High School classes are free.
The CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam) is no longer required for a high school diploma. If you did not pass both parts of the CAHSEE, today you may be closer than you think to earning a high school diploma. Contact us!
You may choose to take classes that earn credits toward a high school diploma. Or you may take classes that help you prepare to pass a high school equivalency test (visit the GED/HiSET page). Our counselor can help you decide. Bring a transcript from the high school you attended most recently. Either path you choose begins with the same first step of Registration.
- Morning classes run Monday-Friday between 9:30 AM and 12:30 PM
- Afternoon classes run between 1:00 and 4:00 PM
- Evening classes run 6:00 to 9:00 PM.
High School Diploma Requirements (for those taking high school classes at BAS)
BAS is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). Required courses are offered in the fields of science, mathematics, social science, and language arts.Qualified students may choose to take a Computer class from BAS’s Career Technical Education (CTE) Courses at no charge. Please see the counselor for more information. Students need a minimum of 175 credits to graduate. A minimum of 10 credits must be earned at Berkeley Adult School to receive our diploma.
Independent Study offers a flexible scheduling option for earning credits toward a high school diploma. You meet with a teacher one on one for an hour a week. You do coursework on your own away from school. This option is for adults who are very busy and who have a lot of discipline and the ability to work on their own.The high school counselor can enroll qualified students into the Independent Study program
How to Register
- Fall 2018 beginning-of-term assessment:
- On Thursday morning, come to the High School office at 8:30 AM.
- On Thursday evenings, come to the Main Office at 6:00 PM
(The High School office is just down the hall from the Main Office at BAS.)
- You will take a test and go through orientation. It takes about 3 hours.
- You will complete the registration form, take a placement (assessment) test, and go through the orientation…
- You will then make an appointment to see the academic counselor to enroll in classes. The counselor can advise you in choosing which path to take: High School Diploma (HSD) or High School Equivalency (HSE)- GED/HiSET.
- Please bring your most recent HS transcript if you have it.