- Improve your English for living and working in the Bay Area. Classes morning, afternoon and evening. Most classes meet in-person. Some classes meet online.
Enrolling in ESL Class
- To enroll in ESL classes, come to the BAS Main Office within the times shown in the schedules below.
- You may bring a friend as a translator. Do not bring children.
- Enrollment may take 2½ hours.
Steps for Enrollment
- Come to the BAS Main Office
- Complete a Registration Form. You can also get help with computer skills if you wish.
- Take the Placement Tests – These placement test help us place you in the best class matching you English skills. We want to place you in the right class. Please do not use your phone, dictionary, translator, or friends and family for help. This will make sure you are placed in the correct class.
- You will receive your class placement information.
Schedule for Fall 2023 Enrollment
Morning – Arrive between 8:15 and 10:30 am.
Afternoon – Arrive between 1:00 and 2:00 pm.
Evening – Arrive between 6:00-7:30 pm.
8/2 Open Registration Begins Today
8/16 Classes Begin
- Morning: 8:25-11:35am, Monday-Friday
- Afternoon 12:35-3:45pm, Monday-Friday
- Evening 6:20-9:30pm, Monday-Thursday
Online Class Schedules
Some classes meet online. These classes also involve 3 hours per day of learning. Teachers meet with all students 2 hours per day. One hour per day, students either meet with the teacher in a small group or work on assignments independently. These are the scheduled start times for online class meetings:
- Morning: 9:00am, Monday-Friday
- Afternoon 1:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Evening 7:00pm, Monday-Thurs