The One-Stop Career Center offers job seekers and students a “mobile office” at Berkeley Adult School. Those seeking jobs or those who are looking to make a career change can visit us for the following amenities:
- On-site Berkeley Adult School classes
- Computer access and Internet use for updating resumes and conducting research
- Free copy, fax, and phone use for job searching
- Job leads
- One-on-one assistance
- Resource library
- Career exploration and labor market data
- Workshops in resume writing and job search strategies – please call for dates and times or look at our monthly calendar on the website
- Workshops in networking
- Access to hundreds of job announcements in the East Bay and beyond, many of which are only accessible through our facility
- Career assessments and career counseling
- Employer hiring events and job fairs
- Typing certification test
- Online traffic school test
Need more personal guidance?
Take the next step and enroll in the STEPS to Success Workshops, which are designed to assist in building a career portfolio.
This program will help define clear career goals and an employment plan. Participants will learn effective resume writing skills, interview techniques, how to search effectively for a job, and how to market their skills through networking events.
Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
The WIA Program has evolved into the Worforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), offering dislocated workers, low-income workers, and displaced homemakers competitive advantages through networking mixers, exclusive recruitment opportunities, specialized workshops, individualized career counseling, job placement, and paid on-the-job training. When you visit the One-Stop center, ask for assistance in working with the WIOA program: https://www.eastbayworks.com/alamedacounty/vosnet/Default.aspx