The Career Center offers job seekers and students a “mobile office” at Berkeley Adult School. Those seeking jobs or those who are looking to make a career change can visit us for the following amenities:
- On-site Berkeley Adult School classes
- Computer access and Internet use for updating resumes and conducting research
- Free copy, fax, printing, and phone use for job searching
- Job Leads
- Career exploration and labor market data
- Access to hundreds of job announcements in the East Bay and beyond, many of which are only accessible through our facility
- Employer hiring events and job fairs
- Typing certification test
Need more personal guidance?
We invite you to attend our Monday orientation.
This program will help define clear career goals and an employment plan. Participants will learn effective resume writing skills, interview techniques, how to search effectively for a job, and how to market their skills through networking events.
Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The WIA Program has evolved into the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), offering dislocated workers, low-income workers, and displaced homemakers competitive advantages through networking mixers, exclusive recruitment opportunities, specialized workshops, individualized career counseling, job placement, and paid on-the-job training. When you visit the career center, ask for assistance in working with the WIOA program: